Intro Download and install Frequently Asked Questions Tips and tricks

Homepage

© J.C. Kessels 2009
MyDefrag Forum
September 20, 2014, 12:54:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Big JkDefrag Design Competion  (Read 27979 times)
jeroen
Administrator
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile WWW
« on: December 05, 2007, 01:52:49 am »

I was thinking that it might be fun to have a "certificate of appreciation" for JkDefrag. Users who like the program and want to show their appreciation could download the certificate, print it out and fill in their name, and send it by post to me. I would collect all the certificates in a folder, just for myself, to browse through whenever I feel a bit down.

The only problem is that I am not much of a graphics designer. Stick to what you know.... So I am inviting everybody on this forum to design a certificate and post it here. I will select the best, and put them as a download on the JkDefrag homepage.

Here is a suggestion for the text on the certificate. Please feel free to change this, it is merely an example. I am also attaching the JkDefrag logo in the highest resolution I have for (optional) use on the certificate.

That's about it, I guess.... Have fun everybody!

Code:
    Certificate of Appreciation
    This certificate testifies
         that I use the
            JkDefrag
     disk defragmentation and
     disk optimization program.

JkDefrag version:
     Number of computers:
     Name:
     Address:
     Signature:

* logo-big.gif (15.26 KB, 249x195 - viewed 5629 times.)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 10:14:23 pm by jeroen » Logged
_Rej_
JkDefrag Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 08:38:16 pm »

Hi Jeroen,

Unfortunately I'm not a designer.. as you said "stick to what you know" Smiley but I'll definitively print and send you the Certificate once it's done.

I really love your Defragmenter / optimizer and it's very very easy to recommend it to my friends .. actually most of them are on it as I type this.

You've done (are still doing) an amazing job and making a lot of people feel that their HDs are well taken care of with JKDefrag Cheesy . (for me at least.. I assume most others feel the same way but I won't presume to speak for them).

So, my sincere congratulations on an outstanding job! /cheers!

_Rej_

P.S. btw, I've noticed that you're really active on the forums as well, something that I don't see that often.  Just to let you know that it's appreciated as well Smiley

Rej_

C2D E6400 @ 2.80, P5N-E SLI, 200 IDE + 120 IDE + 320 SATA HDs, BFG 8800GT OC1 512MB PCIe, 2Gig OCZ Mem, G15+G5, 485w Enermax PSU
JimF
JkDefrag Supporter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 10:03:10 pm »

I have at least 5 licenses for PefectDisk and have retired 2 of them thus far because of JKDefrag, if that will work until I can sign the certificate.
Lebieque
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 04:29:09 pm »

Herewith my submission of a well deserved  cert of appreciation, attached.
Lebieque

* JkD CoA.jpg (80.34 KB, 720x800 - viewed 5408 times.)
cf
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 05:53:47 pm »

I also made a certificate of appreciation for JkDefrag. You really deserve it, Jeroen!

I made it in Inkscape using a template (because I'm not really good in designing certificate frames Smiley).
It is a vector graphic and thus everybody who wants can easily edit it to insert his own Name.
The attached PNG image is rather thought as a preview.

EDIT: Updated the attachments because of certain misunderstandings (see jeroens post below).
The version you should fill out is inside the zip archive. There is both a PNG (normal, pixel based, for those who don't have a SVG editor) and the original SVG version (vector based, editable, better printing/scaling).

* JKDCert.zip (281.55 KB - downloaded 497 times.)

* jkd_certificate_preview.png (102.23 KB, 716x477 - viewed 5350 times.)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 08:33:15 pm by cf » Logged

Try JkDefragStarter - the smallest GUI for JkDefrag out there
Tihs txet suhlod be dfgaeegrd!
jeroen
Administrator
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 07:57:16 pm »

Thanks CF and Lebieque! It's looking very nice. But could you please make the fill-in fields empty? I have already had one of the certificates (I won't say which one) sent to me by a user via email (yes!!!), but the user did not quite understand that he was supposed to fill in his own name, because it was not empty....
Iangh
JkDefrag Senior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 10:40:30 pm »

Jeroen,

Are you going to choose one as a winner OR do you want us to choose the one we want to use?

Ian
jeroen
Administrator
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 01:54:37 am »

Are you going to choose one as a winner OR do you want us to choose the one we want to use?
This thread is a contest. I want to choose one certificate and put it on the JkDefrag homepage for download. But of course I will be very happy with every certificate that falls into my letterbox. I am therefore planning to link to this thread for people that want to use another certificate.
Iangh
JkDefrag Senior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 07:07:06 am »

I will await your choice of certificate - be nicer to have them all in the same style.

Ian
Bill Brock - Chicago

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 09:23:01 am »

But if Jeroen were feeling down, he might be cheered by the variety.  Wink

Very nice utility: thank you!
J.P.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 11:11:21 pm »

I appreciate your hard work and the free software Jeroen so I thought the least I could do to show my thanks was to mock up a certificate for you. Below is a screen shot of a certificate I made for you in Photoshop. If you want the file, please indicate your preferences upon request. Image hosted at ImageShack to save bandwidth. Click on the thumbnail for a closer look.

thunderstruck
JkDefrag Junior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 12:10:36 am »

^best one so far, imo

itd be even better if the background wasnt as blurred
JDPower
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007, 06:43:08 am »

Ok, here's my shot at it, kept it fairly simple (in Open Document format):

* JKD Certificate.odt (28.46 KB - downloaded 548 times.)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 06:44:51 am by JDPower » Logged
JDPower
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2007, 06:45:30 am »

And a screenshot:
Lebieque
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2007, 09:10:55 am »

OK, not having understood your motive first time around, herewith a second attempt, hopefully more in line with your intents.
Lebieque

* JkD CoA3s.gif (36.6 KB, 395x349 - viewed 5252 times.)
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: