Intro Download and install Frequently Asked Questions Tips and tricks

Homepage

© J.C. Kessels 2009
MyDefrag Forum
April 17, 2014, 02:12:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: JK Defrag removes system restore points  (Read 53122 times)
jeroen
Administrator
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2008, 09:47:29 pm »

IT DELETED ALL OF MY RESTORE POINTS AGAIN !
Sigh. Thank you very much for your input, I appreciate it. But I can only repeat - again- and probably not for the last time - that it is not JkDefrag that is deleting your restore points. It's the Microsoft Shadow Copy service. For more information see the "Why does JkDefrag delete my restore points?" question in the frequently asked question chapter on the JkDefrag homepage.
Tejus Bhargava

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2009, 06:22:54 am »

Hello I am new to this forum.
Justread about VSS and Vista, i read about VSS and defrag and after research came to point that when defragging on Vista with System Restore (VSS) enabled all your restore points and shadow copies are deleted.

Is there any applciation that anyone knows which can defrag the drive without disturbing the shadow copies, since all applications (like Perfect Disk) were nto able to do so
jeroen
Administrator
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2009, 10:27:58 am »

Is there any applciation that anyone knows which can defrag the drive without disturbing the shadow copies, since all applications (like Perfect Disk) were nto able to do so
The problem is not the defraggers, but the Microsoft Shadow Copy service. You will have to ask Microsoft for a solution. By the way, did you know that restore points do NOT backup all the files on your disk? Only a very few Windows files. So you cannot rely on it as a backup. Furthermore, restore points are deleted automatically by Windows itself. Even if you do not use defraggers. So again you cannot rely on it as a backup. My advise is to turn off this totally useless "service" and use a proper backup program.
Steph2

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2011, 07:38:44 pm »

Hi does anyone know if the problem with deleting restore ports was fixed in windows 7? I just upgraded and really need to know please

Thanks for everything. www.alliedsatellitetv.com
quanthero
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2011, 10:29:50 am »

Hi does anyone know if the problem with deleting restore ports was fixed in windows 7? I just upgraded and really need to know please
The problem was not fixed. I am using Windows 7, and it still deletes System Restore files during defrag.
jeroen
Administrator
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2011, 07:10:32 am »

The next release of MyDefrag will contain some extra code (and a setting called "OptimizeForShadowCopies" to turn it off), that I hope will reduce the impact of using MyDefrag on the growth of shadow copies. They grow less fast, so it will take longer to reach the size limit in Windows, so Windows will delete them less fast.
lesinaroc65

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2011, 08:13:44 pm »

I have recommended JK Defrag to many users. Some have reported that it removes system restore points. Is this possible? Has anyone else had this problem?
    Cool SI,va in base a scansione che si ordina di fare,i punti di ripristino vengono cancellati solo con ottimizzazione system monthly, invece con system disk weekly e system daily non viene rimosso punti di ripristino.OK spero di essermi spiegato Wink                                                                                                                 
owltopclip01

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2011, 03:06:21 pm »

Hi,

I'm new in here. What is this system restore points?

timpane

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2011, 12:56:58 pm »

k defrag is an inbuil tool to remove system defragmenter but many a time it fails to perform the task and removes system restore point. So, in order to get rid out of this problem and remove system defragmenter third party "system defragmenter" removal tool is the most effective solution.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 06:02:39 am by jeroen » Logged
jeroen
Administrator
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2011, 06:01:53 am »

k defrag is an inbuil tool to remove system defragmenter but many a time it fails to perform the task and removes system restore point. So, in order to get rid out of this problem and remove system defragmenter third party "system defragmenter" removal tool is the most effective solution.
Wow, what is this? The link in this posting points to a website where you can get a tool to remove a virus called "system defragmenter". First of all, MyDefrag is not a virus. Second of all, MyDefrag comes with an uninstaller, is not a inbuilt tool, and I highly doubt if the software from that website can remove MyDefrag. Third of all, I am highly suspicious of that website. I suspect that the "free" scan will always show that your system is infected, perhaps even infecting your system as you run it, and then the only way to get rid of it is to buy the removal tool, which of course is not free at all. Does anybody have experience with the software from that website?

For safety I have removed the link from the original posting. The website concerned is: http://www.systemde fragmenter.com/
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 03:45:33 am by jeroen » Logged
WHRoeder
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2011, 02:17:15 pm »

I am highly suspicious of that website
malicious web site according to http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2371457,00.asp#fbid=gN9-6AO7WuN
jeroen
Administrator
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2011, 03:30:14 am »

Thanks for the link, I appreciate it. The article it points to is a year old but I see the criminal website is still up. It's very sad to see that they can keep extorting money from unsuspecting people for such a long time.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: