Intro Download and install Frequently Asked Questions Tips and tricks

Homepage

© J.C. Kessels 2009
MyDefrag Forum
July 31, 2014, 08:23:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will not defrag 'System Volume Information'  (Read 1954 times)
sherlok11

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2012, 05:56:23 pm »

First of all I would like to thank you for such a great defragging tool. I cant beleve I have gone all this time without knowing about it.

I have noticed that JKDefragCmd does a great job of defragging and optimising the HDD, however it seems to miss the 'System Volume Information' directory. The log reads:

http://www.easpices.com/

A user cannot browse to the directory, so I assume you are getting the same permissions error. However the built in windows defragger seems to manage it without a problem, so there must be a way of doing it.

This isnt really a big deal, as these directories are rarely accessed. I simply thought it may be worth pointing it out to you as it seems to be the only thing that this tool cannot manage.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 07:33:15 pm by sherlok11 » Logged
Darlis
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 06:21:28 pm »

Actually these files can be moved. I don't know why some of them are unmovable, maybe Windows just has a write lock on them. It may also depend on the Windows version you're using (like you can only move the USN journal under Win7).

Need help creating a script? Try MyDefrag Script Creator.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: