I have also tried the 'sort by name' function, this works normally, it is the 'sort by last access' optimisation mode that is showing this issue every time it's run
Yes, that's what's so puzzling about it. The program code is exactly the same for both cases, except for a tiny little bit of code that compares two files (which file is "bigger"), depending on the selected sort method. If two files have the same date then it will compare the filenames. So I don't get it....
if you want the full log (up to where I stopped it) I can email it to you if you want
Yes, please! I need a bigger logfile. The snapshot and the first section of the logfile that you posted do not show me what the problem could be.