Intro Download and install Frequently Asked Questions Tips and tricks

Homepage

© J.C. Kessels 2009
MyDefrag Forum
October 02, 2014, 01:26:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "System Volume Information" and "Restore System" problems  (Read 967 times)
Castro

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2011, 11:45:25 pm »

A problem aroused when I have make a defrag with the version 4.31 of MyDefrag, choosing "System Disk Monthly".
After the run in a computer with Win Vista 32, I verified that all files of “System Volume Information” and the respective files of "Restore System" have all disappeared of my system.
I have also tried in another computer with the Win7 64 and the same happened.
I don’t know if this happens with the others options of MyDefrag (“Daily”, “weakly”); I didn’t tried after that!

Note: Is important to say that I didn’t make any modifications in any files of the program and, obviously, including the script files!

Anybody to help and to decode this problem?
Thank you

Castro
jonib
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 03:21:12 am »

FAQ: Why do I have more diskspace after running MyDefrag?

jonib

Castro

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 05:33:56 pm »

Ok, thank you jonib!
But is there any way I can keep the backup files, for example by changing the script files?

thank you again!
Castro
Darlis
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 06:11:10 pm »

The best way would be to create your own backups or images which are more reliable than the restore points. There are a lot of backup tools out there.

Apart from that you can assign more space for the restore points and/or reduce the amount of files moved every time you run a script. The Monthly scripts moves the most data.

Need help creating a script? Try MyDefrag Script Creator.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: