Intro Download and install Frequently Asked Questions Tips and tricks

Homepage

© J.C. Kessels 2009
MyDefrag Forum
August 29, 2014, 10:57:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About forums  (Read 3168 times)
Kasuha
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2011, 07:27:55 pm »

As long as there wasn't new release of MyDefrag for almost a year and all bugs in the last release are already well known and well discussed ... and as long as this forum turned to spambot playground, I suggest to lock the forums until there is a new MyDefrag version.
BloodySword
Global Moderator
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 01:27:10 pm »

As long as there wasn't new release of MyDefrag for almost a year and all bugs in the last release are already well known and well discussed ... and as long as this forum turned to spambot playground, I suggest to lock the forums until there is a new MyDefrag version.

Signed.

Greetings from Germany!
Darlis
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 05:52:32 am »

I disagree. There have been several people asking for help (besides the program hints crash).

Need help creating a script? Try MyDefrag Script Creator.
Kasuha
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 01:52:30 pm »

There's no need for that as long as forums are kept clean but the situation was "a bit" different at the time I posted that than it is now.
I guess Jeroen might consider that when he's going on vacation. Or he may consider giving somebody trusted some moderator rights.
PECO

Switch & Save....!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 10:55:03 pm »

I guess, no need to lock instead prevent from spammers.

Not all readers are spamming only few, most are taking ideas, asking for help, suggesting, and trying resolving problems.

Not agree...!

Smiley      Smiley      Smiley
John Galt
PECO, Sales Consultant
Mifflin, PA, USA

arel29

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 08:40:10 am »

You don't have to do it that way. Forums is where any good suggestions for everyone had been taken.. Smiley

Browse now for dissertation proposal and history essays writing online.
jmzunzu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 12:37:59 am »

I think the forum is where we can continue to learn and solve our doubts, therefore I disagree

technut

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 05:10:26 am »

I enjoy the spammers and their lack of understanding what a topic is and some if them actually try to take part in the conversation.  I (and 42 others) read the play station vita guy's lengthy dissertation on carry garbage to the bin on the Island of Mallorca, very interesting. No water, electric or sewage service, all has to be measured to survive until the next delivery.  Makes you think about how others all over our planet live. No water company, how cool!

Get tanga deals for your sites and earn money from commissions while you are sharing fun with your site visitors.
Nobodo
JkDefrag Senior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 07:58:56 pm »

What I suggested in another thread where stopping the spam was discussed would stop it 100%.

However, to do what I suggested requires having the source code for the forum and modifying it.

An easier option might be to look at the Simple Machines website for an update to this forum since this would be a really common problem for users of this forum to have.  I see that it is using a very old version of their forum (this forum is 1.1.5, their current release is 2.x). 

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=461981.msg3225920#msg3225920

http://download.simplemachines.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: