This is a beta version, for testing purposes only.
You can download this version from the MyDefrag website at: http://www.mydefrag.com/
It is safe to try this version, there is no danger to your disk(s), because MyDefrag is based on the Microsoft defragmentation API. Basically all that MyDefrag does is send "move this file to that location" commands to the API. The API will check the validity of the command, and will refuse it if for example another file already occupies the new location.
- Only in Dutch, no other languages.
- Memory leaks.
- The program can crash when it starts to process a new disk.
- Only tested on Win2K, Server 2003, and Vista (32 and 64 bit).
- Screensaver not available yet.
- Only debug logfile, no regular logfile.
- Does not yet defragment very large files on very full disks.
- Crashes if there is a volume on the computer that is not mounted.