Intro Download and install Frequently Asked Questions Tips and tricks

Homepage

© J.C. Kessels 2009
MyDefrag Forum
November 28, 2014, 09:08:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MSI installer  (Read 7415 times)
abqbill
JkDefrag Senior

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2008, 09:13:23 pm »

Hello all,

I have authored an MSI installer that installs JkDefrag and creates a scheduled task to defragment the machine on a schedule. The task runs every three hours (eight times per day), but I included a helper program that prevents the defragmentation run unless the last run was at least 24 hours ago. The Users group is granted Read permission for the scheduled job, so that non-administrator users can look in scheduled tasks to see if JkDefrag is running.

I would be interested for anyone to test the installer and see if it works correctly for you. Please let me know if you would like to test the installer.

Bill
Waldo120

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 10:27:58 pm »

Could this be modified to setup a schedualed task to disk defrag when idle instead of automatically every 3 hours?

Could I enter my domains administrator credentials so that it will run as a non-admin user?

Where can I download this msi?

Do you have a newer version?
jtbryant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 08:03:53 pm »

This would be something I would be interested in. I had been using the jkdefrag network login script, but need to move on to Mydefrag.

I've been looking for a way to set the screensaver to use MyDefrag, and set the machine to defrag at 3:00 am each day.

Would love an MSI that I could push out to all machines.

Thanks,
jtbryant
jeroen
Administrator
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 09:06:02 pm »

Would love an MSI that I could push out to all machines.
Tip: see the "Installer commandline parameters" chapter on the Download and install page for some options that are useful to customize and automate the installing of MyDefrag.
jack3reynolds

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 12:53:56 pm »

Is the process is same for JkDefrag v3.36 also as I am having this and want to install MSI installer?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: