Intro Download and install Frequently Asked Questions Tips and tricks

Homepage

© J.C. Kessels 2009
MyDefrag Forum
December 21, 2014, 01:46:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Tool] MyDefrag Menu Tools  (Read 30210 times)
jonib
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2010, 04:59:47 pm »

But the thing with the keys: Don't know if it is possible with PowerShell, too ^^.
If you are interested the Autohotkey forum has a ton of cool stuff, and the documentation is very good. I have even added Syntax highlighting support for it Grin but only for Colorer based editors.
How did you get this working? With FastExplorer or the new built-in thing of Win7?
Windows 7 built-in thing. I just have to see how to make it work in the Menu tools. But I will have to keep the FastExplorer for older Windows versions. Sad

jonib
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 05:09:10 pm by jonib » Logged

BloodySword
Global Moderator
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2010, 05:24:35 pm »

If you are interested the Autohotkey forum has a ton of cool stuff, and the documentation is very good. I have even added Syntax highlighting support for it Grin but only for Colorer based editors.

I'm using PSPad. Can you make a highlighter for it? It's propably the best editor, but I miss a document outline Sad.

Windows 7 built-in thing. I just have to see how to make it work in the Menu tools. But I will have to keep the FastExplorer for older Windows versions. Sad

jonib

Would you show me how it works? ^^

Greetings from Germany!
jonib
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2010, 05:37:57 pm »

I'm using PSPad. Can you make a highlighter for it?
Support is included in Autohotkey, you just need to install it from AutoHotkey install dir\Extras\Editors\PSPad\
Would you show me how it works? ^^
I'll attach a .reg file that includes my test, you would need to edit the paths before importing. Almost complete documentation here.

jonib

* AllFiles.reg (1.67 KB - downloaded 230 times.)

biscuits
JkDefrag Junior

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2010, 10:15:55 am »

@jonib

Hi!,

Now I know what is causing my problem. Wink I thought it was b'coz of the security apps installed but actually it's because i did not install MyDefrag (on my laptop with vista). I just copied it from my flashdrive to my HDD.

Now, i want to add the context menu not only on folders and files but on drives as well, so that i can analyze the disk faster. Can you provide us the source code for mydmenutools?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 10:24:12 am by biscuits » Logged
jonib
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2010, 02:50:53 pm »

Now I know what is causing my problem. Wink I thought it was b'coz of the security apps installed but actually it's because i did not install MyDefrag (on my laptop with vista). I just copied it from my flashdrive to my HDD.
Aha, I suspected this when checking the code and have made it so the Menu tools will ask where MyDefrag is if it can't find it.
Now, i want to add the context menu not only on folders and files but on drives as well, so that i can analyze the disk faster.
I'll add the MyDefrag context menu to the drives as well.
Can you provide us the source code for mydmenutools?
Well no Wink , because it's already included in the .zip, You will need Autohotkey and the script needs to be compiled to work.

jonib

biscuits
JkDefrag Junior

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2010, 04:17:39 pm »

AWESOMENESS Grin

thank you
drugo
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2010, 07:10:30 am »

I have made this tool in response to this thread Display location of a specific file (or files) on diskmap.

It's a simple tool to easily run a simple MyDefrag script to highlight or defragment a file or directory with MyDefrag now also custom scripts.

The basic idea is that when this tool is installed in Explorers rightclick(context) menu in a MyDefrag submenu, you can rightclick on any file or directory and choose "Highlight" then MyDefrag will start and show the file highlighted in its diskmap or "Defragment" to defrag a file or a whole directory.

It can also be run directly from the commandline or a shortcut with a FullPath compatible filepath, to show for example all .exe files on a volume. only difference with FullPath is that you need to always provide a drive letter or it wont work.
Example:
Code:
MyDMenuTools.exe F:\*.iso
Will show all *.iso files on the F: drive. The default script used is Highlight.MyD, if you put another script name before the path that script will be used instead.
Code:
MyDMenuTools.exe Defragment.MyD F:\*.iso
Will defragment all *.iso files on the F: drive.

How to use custom scripts or change the default scripts:
Two things are needed for a script to work, first CommandlineVolumes() is used to specify which volume to run MyDefrag on, second is FullPath("!FilePath!","!FileName!") including the !FilePath! and !FileName! macros are used to send the filepath to MyDefrag.
The scripts have to be put in the same directory as the tool, if you add/delete a script or change the title of a script you need to uninstall and then reinstall to update the menu.

How to install:(if you installed a previous version you should uninstall before)
If you want to install the rightclick context submenu options, just extract the files where you want them and then run MyDMenuTools.exe and it will ask to install the Explorer rightclick submenu. Most probably it needs to be run as administrator when installing.

How to uninstall:
Just run MyDMenuTools.exe and when asked to uninstall choose yes and then remove the files.

This is the fourth beta release and might contain bugs.
Download MyDMenuTools.zip includes the .exe file and the original AutoHotkey script.

MyDefrag Menu Tools uses Fast Explorer Context Menu Extension DLL to create the MyDefrag submenu.

jonib

cool
but where does it put the folder in the hard disk , beginning or middle or at the end of the hard disk?

thanks a lot man! Grin Smiley
BloodySword
Global Moderator
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2010, 08:46:09 am »

It just defragments by selecting the directory. It depends on MyDefrag where the dir is actually placed.

Greetings from Germany!
jonib
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2010, 11:55:15 am »

cool
Cool
but where does it put the folder in the hard disk , beginning or middle or at the end of the hard disk?
The default Defragment script uses the Defragment(Fast) action and doesn't specify where a file is defragmented to, MyDefrag just tries to find a big enough space to defragment to.

If you want to place it somewhere specific you can create/modify a script to do that.

This is an example script, I will add to the next release, Move to end of volume. Just put it in the same directory as MyDMenuTools.exe and reinstall, I'll see if I can make the menu detect new scripts so a reinstall isn't necessary.
Code:
Title('Move to end of volume')
Description('Move selected files/directories to the end of the volume')

WhenFinished(wait)

ExcludeFiles(Not(FullPath("!FilePath!", "!FileName!")))

VolumeSelect
  CommandlineVolumes()
VolumeActions
  FileSelect
    FullPath("!FilePath!", "!FileName!")
  FileActions
    MoveToEndOfDisk()
  FileEnd
VolumeEnd

jonib

* MoveToEndofDisk.MyD (0.35 KB - downloaded 313 times.)

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: