@fxm and lh
I decided to try your method and yes, it works. But now there's a small problem. Using the "AnalyzeOnly" script I found that the pagefile has been fragmented into 2 parts after a restart.
Can you guys think of any reason why this might happen? Here are the steps I took to move the pagefile.sys
1) Disable pagefile. Restart laptop. Windows automatically deletes pagefile.sys
2) Create empty file in command prompt using fsutil file createnew alannull.aln 2147483648
3) Edited OptimizeMonthly script by adding the following at line 44 (it's after zone 2, so it becomes zone 3?)
4) Ran the edited script
5) Renamed alannull.aln to pagefile.sys
6) Set the attributes to system and hidden at command prompt with attrib +S +H pagefile.sys
6) Enabled pagefile again. I set both custom sizes (initial, maximum) to 2048.
At this point WinXp tells me there's already a file with that name, do I want to use it as pagefile? I clicked yes, and everything was great. Then I restarted my laptop again and ran the AnalyzeOnly script to gloat over my success only to find out the file is fragmented in 2 pieces.
I'm wondering if I should add a gap after the pagefile by changing the script to this:
AddGap(RoundUp(ZoneEnd,VolumeFree * 0.01))
but I'm worried that the same problem will happen again. Please guide me