This is a beta version, for testing purposes only.
You can download this version from the MyDefrag website at: http://www.mydefrag.com/
It is safe to try this version, there is no danger to your disk(s), because MyDefrag is based on the Microsoft defragmentation API. Basically all that MyDefrag does is send "move this file to that location" commands to the API. The API will check the validity of the command, and will refuse it if for example another file already occupies the new location.
* Rewrite of the FastFill() code. It fills gaps better, is much faster, and uses less CPU and memory.
* Added an extra test to the Mounted() volumeboolean. Previously only the FSCTL_IS_VOLUME_MOUNTED system call was used, now it first looks if a volume has a mountpoint.
* Fixed a bug where the program would generate a debug crash in DrawProgressPercentage() when the context was locked by AnalyzeNtfsVolume2().
* Added Polish language.
* Fixed a bug where the debugging code would generate a crash when the statistics window happened to be updated at the same time as the AppendLogfile() or WriteLogfile() script command was executed.
* Added the DismountVolume() script command.
* Added the DeleteJournal() script command.
* Many changes in internal data structures in an attempt to find the elusive memory cleanup bug.
* Fixed a bug where the program could crash when calculating the statistics for a disk with a large number of gaps.
* Fixed a bug where the program could sometimes crash when trying to find a combination of files to perfectly fill a gap. The problem mainly occurred on disks with a huge number of very small files.