Intro Download and install Frequently Asked Questions Tips and tricks

Homepage

© J.C. Kessels 2009
MyDefrag Forum
September 30, 2014, 10:53:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lexical error at line 1 column 1  (Read 4071 times)
ctsrutland

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2009, 12:17:29 pm »

I I open and resave a script file in Notepad, I get "Lexical error at line 1 column 1" when I try to run the script. I haven't edited the file, and it doesn't matter whether I choose unicode, ANSI, unicode or unicode big endian, the result is the same.  It's obviously to do with the file format, but I'm not sure how to fix it. I've tried Notepad++, enciding hte file in unicode there, but it doesn't help.
poutnik
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 05:12:43 pm »

I I open and resave a script file in Notepad, I get "Lexical error at line 1 column 1" when I try to run the script. I haven't edited the file, and it doesn't matter whether I choose unicode, ANSI, unicode or unicode big endian, the result is the same.  It's obviously to do with the file format, but I'm not sure how to fix it. I've tried Notepad++, enciding hte file in unicode there, but it doesn't help.
Already discussed.

The problem is MyDefrag is using unicode script, but does not like BOM ( byte order mark ).
Later betas of MyDefrag will fix it.

Most unicode editors save BOM ( FF FE text ), some allow not to save it.

I uses PSPad to save unicode ( no saving BOMs seems to work here only to UTF8 ).

Then I reopen file in PSPad built-in hexaeditor and owerwrite FF FE by 23 00 ( unicode for # = comment)

It can be fast, good or easy. You can pick just 2 of them....
Treating Spacehog zone by the same effort as Boot zone is like cleaning a garden by the same effort as a living room.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: