I I open and resave a script file in Notepad, I get "Lexical error at line 1 column 1" when I try to run the script. I haven't edited the file, and it doesn't matter whether I choose unicode, ANSI, unicode or unicode big endian, the result is the same. It's obviously to do with the file format, but I'm not sure how to fix it. I've tried Notepad++, enciding hte file in unicode there, but it doesn't help.
The problem is MyDefrag is using unicode script, but does not like BOM ( byte order mark ).
Later betas of MyDefrag will fix it.
Most unicode editors save BOM ( FF FE text ), some allow not to save it.
I uses PSPad to save unicode ( no saving BOMs seems to work here only to UTF8 ).
Then I reopen file in PSPad built-in hexaeditor and owerwrite FF FE by 23 00 ( unicode for # = comment)