Intro Download and install Frequently Asked Questions Tips and tricks

Homepage

© J.C. Kessels 2009
MyDefrag Forum
October 22, 2014, 02:35:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feat. req: cleaner screensaver  (Read 5578 times)
Piedro
« on: December 09, 2006, 02:47:45 pm »

Hi.

First of all, your software is great. Really really great. I use the screensaver a lot too, it's fantastic. The only problem with the screensaver is that it is kinda overbusy. All the green lines on my screen make me nervous when I'm working next to my pc.

Isn't it possible to have a black background, and centralized text with the defragmentation progress? That would be sweet. But hey, if it ain't possible... no problem!
Matt
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 09:50:40 am »

If your a developer run your app in the background and poll with SystemParametersInfo with SPI_GETSCREENSAVERRUNNING in a seperate thread looking for the default screen saver being active. Once true is returned, call RunDefrag.

This is what the first app I built with JKDefrag did (of course after it emptied the Recycle Bin and cleared web cache).

However, I assume your not a dev. Therefor, perhaps JK will think about this functionality.
jeroen
Administrator
JkDefrag Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 04:11:07 pm »

Quote from: "Piedro"
Isn't it possible to have a black background, and centralized text with the defragmentation progress?

Well, I have made a note of it on the wishlist, but I don't think there are many people that want/need the screensaver to be dark. Adding seldom used options isn't a high priority, sorry. Perhaps you can better run the defragger via the task scheduler? It will then run quietly in the background.
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 05:08:13 pm »

I can imagine that lots and lots of people would like a clean, not too busy screensaver that ALSO defragments in the background. (Screensaver shouldn't stop when ready defragmenting) Anyway, thanks for taking note of the suggestion, and all the best of luck in the future development!
marko

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 08:11:20 am »

Actually, I like this idea as well!

Sometimes blank screensavers are useful (and not distracting as well!), and I'd imagine that it might be more efficient for the defragmenter as well, which would be another benefit to running the screensaver.  Compare for example the command line versus the regular defrag in terms of performance.  To not have the display refresh itself might be an advantage, and a possible feature.

(This may be entirely different in reality-- command line does not equal blank screen, so pardon my logic.)

In any case, thanks for this program and your continuing work on it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: