Hi. I have a couple of questions regarding MyFragment. First of... I am working on my bachelor thesis about file carving (recovering deleted files). I need to fragment a couple of files to be able to evaluate the file carving softwares performance. MyFragment does a great job with fragmenting the files, but i need to know more about how it really fragments files. I could not find any information about how it works. Infromation under "see also" is not enough. I hope someone here can help me.
What i need to know:
1. Is it possible to copy a file to a usb drive and simultaneously
fragment the file?
2. Is it possible to fragment multiple files at the same time?
3. When fragmenting a file, what happens with the clusters which used to be occupied by the file? Does it overwrite the old clusters?
4. How do MyFragment determine where to put the file parts? Is it a random or a fixed location?
5. How do MyFragment determine what part of a file should be moved? Fixed or random?
6. Is it possible to view the source code of MyFragment?
7. Is it possible to edit or add code if needed?
I hope somebody can give me some good answers