© J.C. Kessels 2009
Variables are little storage areas inside MyDefrag that have a name and a value.
They can contain numbers or strings, and can be used in places such as
NUMBER expressions and STRING's.
SetVariable(NAME , VALUE)
- The NAME of a variable is a character a-z plus any number of characters a-z and/or numbers 0-9.
Some examples: "abc", "x3", "month", "jha56ii7p".
- The VALUE of a variable can be a number or a string, MyDefrag will automatically
convert as needed.
- Variables can be used inside a string by enclosing the name of the variable in
exclamation marks. This is the same as with Macros.
- Macros can be used like variables. MyDefrag automatically
copies all the macros to the variables just before the script is executed.
- If you define a variable with the same name as a pre-defined variable then the
pre-defined variable is overruled.
- There are no limits to the size, the number, or the contents of variables.
# Create a variable named "MyNumber" and store the number "1" in it.
# Create a variable named "TheMonth" and store the string "januari" in it.
# Using variables inside a string.
SetVariable(Message,"The month is !TheMonth! and the color is !Color!.")
See also: Variables